This is a project to build a lake house at Land between the Lakes in Dover, TN.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Container Home: Coal Tar Epoxy Application - 07 October 2015

I took the past two weekdays off of work to come over and work on applying the coal tar epoxy to the end of the container where the geothermal cooling pipes will be run out of. The wall had to first be completely free of all rust. I did this by using a wire brush on my angle grinder. This worked perfectly and it was super-fast. I learned quickly how fast the brush will wear down, but once it has worn down, the brush stops all wear and is solid at taking off the rust. The coal tar epoxy is considered one of the best long term sealants. An acquaintance of mine told me about his dad who treats tanks for the oil industry. That is where I learned about this epoxy. It is not cheap at $100 per gallon. One gallon will treat about 160 square feet.




Now that the walls are treated with the epoxy, I am now ready to begin the installation of the geothermal cooling system. 
Share:
Location: Dover, TN 37058, USA

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BTemplates.com

About Me

My photo
http://about.me/pletchermick
Powered by Blogger.