This is a project to build a lake house at Land between the Lakes in Dover, TN.

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Container Home: Telephone Pole Installation - 18 October 2015

This weekend, we got the telephone pole installed. Since there will be no electric utility hookup, I had to install my own pole, or pay roughly $2,000 to have one installed. Luckily, my neighbor had a pole laying around and brought it down and gave it to me. He also helped me install it by bringing his backhoe down. He dug a 4 foot hole in the ground using an 18 inch scoop.




Next, we picked up the pole and put it over the hole as I guided the pole to the deepest part of the hole.



Once we got it centered in the hole, we started filling the hole up with rocks and tamping them down. We finally filled the rest up with dirt.


Share:
Location: Dover, TN 37058, USA

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BTemplates.com

About Me

My photo
http://about.me/pletchermick
Powered by Blogger.