This is a project to build a lake house at Land between the Lakes in Dover, TN.

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Container Home: Earth Tube Cooling Installation - 11 October 2015

This weekend, I started on the earth tube cooling system. I purchased 12 inch culverts. There is 85 feet for the air to travel through and cool down. We dug it 6 feet down. 
Here is a pic of starting the dig.


Here is after the first trench was dug and we initially laid the piping in place as a guide for the other side. 



This is standing inside the trench.



Here is a pic of the trenches after they were dug out and connected.



Next, I drilled pilot holes in the wall as a guide to cut out the steel for the plasma cutter.




After I cut out the wall, I was able to fit the piping through the hole.




Here is what the pipes now look like as one has air going out and the other has air coming in.



I have sealed around the cuts for now. I still have to connect the U end of it. At current, I covered the end with trash bags so water cannot come in on the one day this week which rain is supposed to move in.

The other thing that was done was to clear the lot. Here is a picture of the back showing what it looks like now. I still need to install the french door and the other window. I have also changed what I plan to do to cover the container look. I was originally going to use stucco, but ran across stone veneer that will give the outside a great look. Another change to the design will be the deck. Now that this is cleared off, the part which we were going to build a deck is not as sloped as I originally thought. Instead, we are going to build a large paver patio. It will be much easier to maintain than a deck. Plus, there is not the fire hazard with an open fireplace we want out there. 


Share:
Location: Dover, TN 37058, USA

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BTemplates.com

About Me

My photo
http://about.me/pletchermick
Powered by Blogger.