This is a project to build a lake house at Land between the Lakes in Dover, TN.

Monday, November 20, 2017

Latest Update

This year, I have come a long way with the house. It is now close to being finished that we can go and live in it over the weekends to enjoy LBL. I have not been back since the second week of September due to so many things going on in my life. I am now running for city council of the town I live in. Speaking engagements in Chicago, Orlando, and Tampa have taken up weekends. Spending time with relatives has also taken up a few weekends. Also, we lost both of our dogs. My goal is to return the first weekend of 2018 to start back on the project.

One of the things I have been trying to figure out how to get is the 3,500 gallon water tank. Shipping on one of those is almost as much as the tank itself. Luckily, my neighbor has a 8'x12' trailer that he is going to let me have to take to Oklahoma to pick up the tank.

Here is the list of things I need to complete so the place can be classified as finished:


  • Cedar walls
  • Sliding glass door
  • Kitchen tile
  • Bathroom tile
  • 3,500 gallon water tank
  • electric utility hookup
  • ceiling
  • deck
I know that list is not very big now and believe me, I am glad after working on the place for two years. Our intent is to finish it over the winter so it is done by spring!


Before my last time there, some of the last things I finished was getting the outside cleared. First, here is a video of the back. Second, here are some pictures of it as we went along. Also, here is a pick of the gabion baskets.











Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BTemplates.com

About Me

My photo
http://about.me/pletchermick
Powered by Blogger.