This is a project to build a lake house at Land between the Lakes in Dover, TN.

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Container Home: Cutting out the Center walls - 01 August 2015

Once those support beams were in place, I began cutting out the inner walls from both containers. This portion will be the master bedroom and bathroom, which will be 13'x16'.



For the water supply, we will be using two 275 gallon totes. These are FDA grade totes used in the food industry. These will be buried 10 feet so they will be immune to freezing. They will be replenished with water through a rain water collection system that will be carbon filtered. There will be a DC pump to pump the water into the home.



This is the 8" I-Beam that will be welded to the ceiling with two vertical I-Beam supports. I took this picture of it as we were taking it off of the roof rack of my Jeep to give a perspective of its size. It weighs 345 pounds.



Share:
Location: Dover, TN 37058, USA

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BTemplates.com

About Me

My photo
http://about.me/pletchermick
Powered by Blogger.